Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ntelos 8k Report

As mentioned on my last post, I am concentrating on the run this off-season. One of the ways I'm doing this is by entering local races. Last weekend, I entered the 8k portion of the Richmond Marathon. I had set an aggressive goal, at least for me, of 42:30, which is a close to an 8:30/mile pace. The race started early in the morning at 0700, the sun was barely up, it was drizzling, and the temp was a warm 63F. I started off a little fast and finished the first mile right around 8 minutes. I knew I couldn't keep that pace and slowed a little bit. The humidity was getting to me but I stayed with it. I ended up running a 42:29 and beat my goal by one second! Overall, I'm pleased.

My next run is the turkey trot 10k on Thanksgiving day. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

TriGirlDebbieJo said...

Awesome job!

Good job on the trumpet yesterday morning, as well!